There are so many good quotes in today's blog. I am starting with one from a favorite of mine. After the dinnertime, bedtime scramble, Jim looked over at me and said "Its great you went to the The Work today." This man could tell you the status of a microeconomic issue anywhere in the world, but doesn't seem familiar with my place of employment. Anyway, I think Jim was being complimentary about my energy-level. Jim explained that due to his approaching AARP eligibility, he has a new tendency to add articles before nouns.
More quotes. I have no idea what childbirth feels like, having had both of mine the "elegant" (surgeon's quote) way - cause thats the word I'd use to describe not being able to feel my legs for two days - but I'm having pains that feel like intense, bone-racking contractions. Or at least that was how I described them to my nurse with inappropriately attractive hair for her profession.
No, I am not in labor.
It is just that as a "young, healthy woman" (the long-locked nurse) this is the bone marrow, white blood cell growth goodness. A few weeks ago, bone marrow was something on a menu. Now it is a spacer between my teeth for braces except rammed into my backbone and hips. So, not sure about childbirth but this hurts like hell. Truthfully, I did have the opportunity to spray some cooling gel for a very good friend shortly after she had her first child so I do know that process appeared to involve some pain, too.
Back to The Work. I dropped Miles off at school and went to work. I got to talk about payroll, staffing, separations, 2014 planning and exit interviews. Hallelujah. Seriously. It was so nice to be there. I also had the chance to talk to some of the team folks today.
I focus on people in my job (just in case Jim wondered). The professional team people are people experts as well but their focus is on the minds and the bodies. It was great to talk to them and have their help thinking of my game of strength, endurance, agility and mental toughness. I appreciate the help and concern.
This paragraph is for all the mommas, papas, uncles and aunts (because it will make them happy). I was asked about what changes I've made to my diet. Sadly, all changes thus far have been for the worse. White, mushy, undifferentiated foods look delicious to me. The importance of nutrition was discussed. Vitamins were delivered. Appreciated, understood, noted. No need to call and tell me to take the vitamins, Mom.
Last night, Jim provided a tour of apple tv, including a lengthy system update and discussion of features. Jim says it is too early to say this but I'm keeping it real. I am so over the tv in the bedroom. And in case it was lost in the quotes, lots of pain tonight.