Monday, January 13, 2014
Monday's Date Night
At my new friend the survivor's recommendation, Monday night is the new date night in my house. Monday because if treatments are Tuesdays you feel good Mondays.
Jim and I went to Kapnos for dinner. Sat at the kitchen bar and watched the kitchen service. Food was good. Meaty. Service was charmless. But the company was first-rate and going out on a Monday felt anniversary special.
By this time tomorrow, I'll be halfway through the first (allegedly, the tougher) course of chemo. I like the sound of fifty percent. I mean, not as a test grade, but through the tough stuff is nice.
My pixie got rave reviews. It is starting to fade but nice to think about it's return this summer.
Ian is still a heart-breaker. The tepid smiles only infrequently replaced with a beam. This kooky lady with his mothers voice is persistent though. And I had a nice chat today with a childhood development and education expert who reminded me that he was getting everything he needed from us right now. Not to be worried about one moment in a lifetime.
A tough week ahead but ready for it.