Thursday, January 15, 2015

It's Thursday.

It's Thursday.

I'm pleased to report that I am sporting a mean 'Friar Tuck'.

Post-op, I apparently made an impression on a lot of the ICU nurses.  One of my first questions to the nurses when I got out of surgery was 'how does my hair look'?  They don't get that a lot around here.

I have been able to get up and down by myself, including stairs.

Discharge is Friday.  

I'm not really checking my phone or being too responsive because I'm still a little thick.  Hopefully that's the steroids and not permanent brain damage.  

My spirits are pretty mixed.

My time in the ICU has been difficult...there are a lot of ill people around, discouraging my spirits.

I'm glad to be through the surgery, but frightened about what's ahead.

Bone scan is this afternoon.

I miss the boys, I'm ready to be home, but also frightened about being home.

Hoping for the low cloud cover to lift.