Sunday, December 15, 2013
Insult to Injury
Seems like this could become a long list. I'll start with being forced to wean Ian. Candidly, I am not ready. As a working mother with a three year old, I do not have a lot of quiet, focused time with him. Nursing is that time. That connection. That bond we share. A gift I give. Really, a shared gift. I know he will be fine. I know there are all sorts of reasons not to nurse or to wean. I simply resent the abrupt end to something so important to me. But, the insult is having to pump. I hate to pump but managed it at work with Miles and now with Ian for their benefit. But at home with Ian in my lap having to pump out the MRI ink for two days and then pump to successfully wean that is insult to injury.