Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Achey update

Some parts ache.  Some parts have searing pain. Some itch. Some are mostly numb. I have a bevy of cocktails to address the various symptoms.

For the first few days, I slept about fifteen minutes about every hour.  The dreams were vivid and disjointed.  Today, I slept nearly the whole day after throwing up for the first time since diagnosis. I think that was drugs without food. My appetite has been low and that slowed my pill intake.

I move about the house alright but I haven't been out of it yet.

I play carefully with the kids. Give Ian his bottles. Play cards with Miles. Watch a lot of soccer. I had to explain the bite to Miles.

Doctors appointments and some trips out of the house later this week.  I've had a friend or two over for short visits. Lots of flowers, food and kindnesses have arrived.

It's interesting. Despite all the well wishes, all the prayers, all the meals, all the offers to help, this is just a part I walk alone.  I'm fine.  I'm steady. I only mention it because I've gotten glimpses of other people's sorrow. Just a heads up that those calls won't be returned - no bandwidth for that, my friends.

Current goals: grow out cute pixie; feel well enough to start to exercise regularly; get two weeks out from surgery and all side effects (pills and drains); and have a little more fire in the belly for tussling with little boys. Miles is a little out of sorts with his Jammie-wearing, achey Mom. And he doesn't understand why LeBron doesn't play for Miami anymore:). Lots of important explaining to do.