Tuesday, February 25, 2014

A Treatment-free Tuesday

Where to start.  There was a rule in my house growing up - if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all.

What's the news? I've been busy at work and getting by. I have mostly kept to myself. What can I say, cancer is a lonely path.

It seems I should be happy to be done with the first portion of treatment. But all the sudden twelve more cycles doesn't sound so great.  Even  if it is "easier" it is still chemo.  And three months.

What's the good news?  Ian is sleeping is his bed.  Whole nights and naps. Sunday night was the first time since we moved in May that there was a post bedtime, all quiet in the household.  It was like we got two hours added to our day.

What else good?  Jim's back from five long days in New York. Monday night, date night, we spent with our friend JT and about 17,000 swooning ladies.

Jim's birthday approaches.  (The Oscars, too.).

Today is the first day fifteen without treatment.  It might be the threshold for good living beyond the chemo eclipse.  I have good energy. My humor is coming back.  I remember this person. So we will reminisce for a few minutes and then start to prepare for next Tuesday.